General and Advanced Search Tips
[Back To WillysTech Parts Board]
General Search Tips
- Use double quotes around phrases to search.
- Add + in front of terms/phrases that must appear in results.
- Add - in front of terms/phrases that must not appear in results.
- The + checkbox adds a plus in front of all terms/phrases for convenience.
- The default search content is the body, title, and meta-description.
- The score is the percentage of matching characters in a document.
- ISO Latin-1 characters like äßçéñ..etc. are treated as english equivalents.
- Special characters like #!$%|&..etc. are allowed.
- Stop-terms are common terms like "it and the that...".
Advanced Search Tips
- Searching can be expanded with a wildcard (*).
Adding a * to the end of a term will match all endings. For example: 'test*' will match 'tests' 'tested' 'testing' etc. Stop-terms are included in wildcard searches.
- Weights can be applied by adding <2-10000> in front of terms or phrases.
- The following options can be placed in any order in front of the query:
c: for a case sensitive search.
w: to match whole words only.
st: to include stop-terms.
all: to add + in front of all terms/phrases.
match: score: date: size: title: or name: for the sorting choice.
5-100: for the number of results to display per page.
b: to search the body (full text) of documents.
t: to search the title of documents.
u: to search the url of documents.
alt: to search the alternate text in documents.
l: to search the links in documents.
d: to search the meta-description in documents.
k: to search the meta-keywords in documents.
au: to search the meta-author in documents.